Panel Installation Instructions
Read our blog post How To Install Wood Slat Wall Panels from Andor Willow for more detailed information.
We recommend using screws to install your panels onto your wall or ceiling, however you can also use adhesive. In this guide, we will cover the most popular installation method, which uses screws.
While walls are the most popular use of the panels, they're also great for ceilings, furniture, doors, and more. The following instructions will apply to those settings as well.
- Drill or screwdriver
- Screws (black recommended, 1-2 inch in length)
- Level or level mobile app
Other helpful tools, depending on scope of project
- Measuring tape
- Hand saw or circular saw
- Utility knife
- Sandpaper (120-220 grit)
5 Easy Steps
- Measure the surface: Measure the wall or surface where you're planning to install the panel(s). For wall installations, measure the height to start, to determine if you need to cut the panels to length. We recommend installing the panels to stop at your baseboard/trim, rather than trying to install the panels all the way down to the floor. Not only is it easier this way, but it looks more natural as well.
- (Optional) Cut the panel: Place the panel firmly on a table or bench, and mark the required length with a pencil using a level or a straight edge. Once the measurement has been marked, simply cut it to length using a hand saw or circular saw.
- (Optional) Prepare for assembly: For best results, use fine sandpaper and sand the edges that you have cut. Cut any remaining pieces of the polyester backing with a utility knife or something similar.
- (Optional) Drill pilot holes: Using a small drill bit, hold the panel in place where you plan to install it and drill holes through the polyester backing into your surface. We recommend using a level to ensure the panel is straight when doing this step. If you need to insert drywall anchors, this will show you where they need to go and ensure everything lines up.
- Mount the panel: Once the panel and surface is ready, simply screw through the black felt backing to fasten the panels to your surface. We recommend a minimum for 8 screws per panel at 3.15” intervals across the width and 24” intervals down the length of the panel.